York Bus Charters Offer Unique Attractions
Rent a Bus to Visit the Factory Tour Capital of the World
Captivating history and good food are just some what brings visitors to York every year. The city has an exciting downtown, a symphony orchestra and outdoor adventures. Not interested in Civil War history? Try something a bit different. Tour the largest Harley Davidson motorcycle manufacturing plant in the United States or one of the other 12 factories open to the public in York.
From first step to last mile, US Coachways will get you there reliably and safely. From party buses and mini-coaches to sleeper coaches and 56-seat charter buses, we offer great prices and superior customer service. Our bus rental services are ideal for church groups, community groups, school trips and sports teams as well as special events such as birthdays, anniversaries and wedding activities. Affordable and easy to book, we offer bus charter rentals to locations throughout Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Erie. Relax and let us do the driving with one of our charter bus rentals featuring luxury amenities.
What Can You Savor & Explore in York?
From York’s historic downtown to nearby Gettysburg with its hallowed battlefield, travelers have lots to do and see on a trip to York. Below are some of the points of interest that the city and the surrounding area have to offer:
- Arts & Cultural —From outdoor art works to the city’s symphony orchestra, York and the surrounding areas has a small but vibrant arts and cultural scene. The portrait of area businessman William Goodridge, a former slave turned conductor on the Underground Railroad, is just one of 15 “Murals of York” on view throughout the city. Visit the city’s historic downtown, home to the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center and get a ticket for the York Symphony Orchestra.
- Restaurants & Shopping — You'll get a taste of local flavor and bargains to boot when you shop in downtown York. Mingle with locals at the Central Market House featuring local produce, artisan crafts, locally-grown flowers, meats and more. Shop for lovely metal-ware at the Pewtarex factory outlet store, a beautiful old building on West Market Street with 20-foot ceilings and antique, carved solid cherry cabinets filled with serving trays, goblets and candlesticks.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — Golfing enthusiasts won’t be disappointed by York’s array of public and private golf courses. Among the best are Briarwood Golf Club with its 36 championship holes, excellent conditioning and speedy greens and Regents' Glen Country Club, regarded by famed golf course designer Arthur Hills as "visually the finest I have ever done."
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — If you like history will have plenty to do and see in and around York. A day trip to nearby Gettysburg should be on any itinerary. Tour the battlefield and visit the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum, home to one of the biggest collections of Civil War relics in the United States. Looking to stay a bit closer to home? The William Goodridge House and Museum tells the story of local businessman William Goodridge, a freed slave who used his own rail line to transport escaping slaves and hid them in the basement of his home.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Looking for outdoor activities? York is for the birds, literally. The observation decks at Rocky Ridge County Park, one of the city’s 24 public parks, is a great perch for birdwatchers to catch sight of hawks, eagles and falcons. Meander through Penn Commons Park with its civil war soldiers memorial, tennis courts, playgrounds and pavilions.
- Other Points of Interest — Billed as "The Factory Tour Capital of the World," York is home to 13 different factories open to the general public, including the largest Harley-Davidson manufacturing facility in the country where you can watch a motorcycle come off the assembly line.