Affordable Charter Bus Rental Services in Westport, CT, at your Fingertips
Visit Children’s Museum, Shopping Districts, Parks, Beaches and Many Other Tourist Attractions in Wesport
Westport may have started off as an agricultural center in the region and subsequently experienced growth in the shipping industry, in the 1900s, there was a significant cultural expansion. This is a result of artists, musicians and authors moving to the city. It is, after all, a short distance away from Long Island Sound and New York City. In recent years, the city was ranked amongst the wealthiest towns in the United States. From the 1950s right down to 1970s, baby boomers from New York City also began relocating to Westport, thanks to its healthy cultural background and it also earned itself a good reputation for having the few ‘New-York-City-like chic shopping districts’.
Westport is also known for its good number of parks, beaches and recreational centers comprising of more than 230 acres of wonderful landscapes like Sherwood Island State Park, Compo Beach and Burying Hill Beach that offers a good place to catch stunning sunsets and sunrises. It is also home to and a short drive away from famous attractions like Rolnick Observatory, Stepping Stones Museum for Children, Westport Farmers Market, Saugatuck River and South Norwalk Historic District, just to name a few. These are some of Connecticut’s biggest tourist attractions so, be sure not to miss them.
US Coachways is one of the nation’s leading charter bus rental companies, specializing in bringing modern and affordable charter bus, mini bus, school bus, party bus, limousine and other safe and budget-friendly bus rental services for events like wedding receptions, church outings and retreats, school field trips, prom nights, corporate functions, promotional tours, social gatherings, private gatherings and political campaigns. Give us a call right now to find out more about these amazing bus rental packages.
Get Adventurous and Have Fun with Family and Friends in Westport, CT
Here are some fun and adventure-filled tourist attractions and historical points of interest in and around Westport, CT! These are summaries about some of the best of what Westport, CT, has to offer.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — It is hard to run out of places to have fun in in Westport when you have attractions like The Rolnick Observatory where visitors will get to make use of its huge telescopes to catch the stars during a clear night. The attraction is run by volunteers, so, feel free to spare some donations when you visit. And of course, you can always head over to Bow Tie Cinemas Royale 6, Garden Cinemas or Showcase Cinema Bridgeport when you want to spend some time catching the latest movies and independent films. There are 6 auditoriums in Bow Tie and digital project and excellent sound system and countless restaurants, diners and cafes for you to hang around in after the movie at Garden Cinemas. There are 12 theaters in Showcase Cinemas and ReadD 3D facilities as well as private rooms for events and social functions. Making a trip to Stepping Stones Museum for Children in downtown Norwalk is a must if you have kids with you; this is the best place to learn about science, history, environment and many other fascinating topics or organize a trip out to check out the interactive exhibits at Discovery Museum in Bridgeport. Looking for laser tag, mini golf, bowling and arcade games? Check out the amenities at AMF Rip Van Winkle Lanes instead.
- Art & Culture — Westport County Playhouse is a gorgeous theater which works beyond being merely a community theater. You can catch the latest musical, theater, dance performance and large-scale events and festivals at this wonderful attraction.There are annual series productions to catch at the Music Theater of Connecticut in downtown Westport, educational exhibits, recital halls and art gallery at Fairfield Theater Company; don’t forget to also make your way to The Klein Memorial Auditorium to attend a concert or festival during your trip. For some painting and partying of your own, book a spot at Painting with a Twist instead.
- Restaurant & Shopping — The shops at Westport Farmers Market offer a wide selection of items ranging from food to accessories and imported items to fashion lines. Regardless of the season and weather, the farmers bring their top crops at an affordable pricing at this quaint market. You can also find bargain buys at Goodwill on Post Road E, Curio Cottage Thrift Shop at Imperial Avenue, Marshalls which has been described as a one-stop-shop for everything, Second Time Round for vintage items and antiques or women’s clothing at charming stores like J. Crew. You can get the best wood-fired brick oven pizza at Skinny Pines Pizza Truck, healthy dishes from LeFarm on Post Road E, Asian fusion food at Kawa Ni, fresh sushi from Yamafuji, uniquely flavored chicken wings from Little Barn which is also a pub or black truffle burger and lobster from Spotted Horse Tavern. Most of these restaurants are located in the heart of the city, so, take your pick and try them all.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Looking for a place for a team-building exercise or are you looking for a place for a quick workout? Check out the facilities at Longshore Tennis Courts, located near Saugatuck River which also offers event venues for private functions and social gatherings. For some golfing, bring the charter bus to Cove Marina Mini Golf’s 18-hole golf course with multiple challenging obstacles like sand traps and water features.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — There are countless historical sites located throughout the city and its surrounding communities. For instance, you can learn about the city’s history, architecture and antique treasures at Westport Historical Society which is a gorgeous restored historical building itself. The area of South Norwalk Historic District is definitely a treat for history lovers. It is filled with restaurants, clothing stores, gift shops, unique local businesses as well as historical sites to explore and enjoy. The City Hall is another not-to-be-missed attraction which is a venue for countless festivals and local programs. Approximately 15 miles away in Norwalk is Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum, a palatial house built with the Second Empire style in mind. The exhibits consist of original furnishing from another era, it is almost like stepping into a whole different era when you visit this historical attraction. Also don’t forget to get the charter bus driver to bring you to Norwalk Museum to check out a treasure trove of maps, photographs, letters, manuscripts and various other printed materials where you will get to learn about the region’s past. Sheffield Island Lighthouse and Nature Trail features a historical lighthouse that was closed in 1902 and currently used for tours. Call ahead of time to reserve a guided tour around its beautiful landscape and trail.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — If you are looking for a picnic spot for a group outing, check out the amenities at Compo Beach where you can enjoy a gorgeous sunset right in the city’s backyard or head out to Sherwood Island State Park for long walks along the beach and enjoy the park’s well-maintained pavilion and picnic spots. For an adventure with teenagers and children, book a spot with Downunder for kayaking, boating, canoeing, paddle boating and also unique activities like doing yoga on SUP boards. You can also organize a group outing to Earthplace which lets visitors not just learn about nature and environment but also participate in meaningful programs that aims to protect the region’s natural environment. There is also biking, hiking, jogging and water fountain area at Winslow Park and a large playground for young children as well as a beach at Calf Pasture Beach.
- Zoos & Aquariums — The Maritime Aquarium is located a short drive away in Norwalk, CT; there is a diverse number of hands-on activities and exhibits for young children to participate in as well as a shark tank, meerkat habitat, a large number of aquarium featuring marine wildlife from all over the world. And of course, don’t forget to check out its modern IMAX theater too.
Easy-to-Use and Budget-Friendly Charter Bus Rental Services in Westport, CT
US Coachways is ready to help you find the most budget-friendly, modern and safe ground transportation in and around Westport, CT. To find out how we can work together to help make your event a smooth-sailing one, call our customer service consultants at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or contact us via our online request form. We hope to hear from you really soon.