Visit Lake Tahoe on a California Bus Charter
Bus Rentals for Outdoor Adventurers, Skiers, Shoppers & More
The majestic mountains and crystalline waters of the Lake Tahoe area appeal to more than just those who love the great outdoors. A drive along the twisty route following the western shores of Lake Tahoe unveils quaint towns with unique shops, dense forests, historic mansions, golf courses, amusements and cultural attractions.
Lake Tahoe is the largest alpine lake in North America, straddling the state line between California and Nevada. In summer, there’s swimming, boating and rafting as well as hiking and camping in several state parks. In winter, the surrounding area boasts some of the country’s best ski resorts, including the famous Squaw Valley.
Whether you’re planning a family ski vacation, a corporate event or a school trip to Yosemite National Park, you can rely on US Coachways. With a fleet of buses built to meet the needs of any size group, we can deliver you to your destination in comfort. Add great customer service and affordable rates, and we’re an ideal option for community groups of all types, team travel and church groups as well as special events such as bachelor parties and anniversaries.
US Coachways offers bus charters to cities throughout California, including Los Angeles, Sacramento and Palm Springs. Plan your route and travel itinerary, and our staff of customer associates, drivers and dispatchers will handle the rest.
From Shorelines to Majestic Peaks, Plenty to Do & See in Lake Tahoe
From snow-capped peaks and scenic shorelines to quaint downtowns and Gilded-age mansions, the joys of Lake Tahoe will impress anyone. Below is a short list of points of interest that visitors will find in their travels through Tahoe City, Truckee, Emerald Bay and South Lake Tahoe.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — The western shore of Lake Tahoe caters to “family friendly” amusements compared to the high-rise casino resorts found on the Nevada side. Ride the Tilt-A-Whirl and roller coasters at Tahoe Amusement Park in South Lake Tahoe or tackle the aerial obstacle courses at Tahoe Treetop Adventure Park. If its nighttime adventure you crave, casino resorts abound on Lake Tahoe’s north and south shores just over the state line in Nevada.
- Arts & Cultural — The Tallac Historic plays host to a number of arts, music and cultural festivals every year, including the two-day celebration known as “Gatsby Days,” while the nearby Valhalla Boathouse boasts fine theatrical productions.
- Restaurants & Shopping — Save time for shopping on your trip to Lake Tahoe. From fine home furnishings to hand-made jewelry and designer clothing, shoppers can take home one-of-a-kind finds from unique boutiques in Tahoe City and nearby Truckee and the shops at Heavenly Village.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues — The one drawback to playing the links at a Lake Tahoe golf courses is the distraction of the stunning surroundings. The Northstar at Tahoe Golf Course combines mountainous landscapes with open meadows. Old Greenwood’s acres of immaculate greens are interspersed with stately pines and blue sagebrush. And nestled among towering pine trees in South Lake Tahoe is Tahoe Paradise Golf Course, regarded as one of the most beautiful, serene and affordable executive courses in the area.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Stately mansions in the Tallac Historic Site beckon back to the days of California’s gilded-age families. The magnificent castle known as Vikingsholm is located at the head of Emerald Bay State Park. If its museums you want, Tahoe City boasts the Gatekeepers Museum with its well-presented hodgepodge of 19th century artifacts as well as the Watson Cabin Living Museum.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — With 70 miles of shoreline in California, Lake Tahoe affords visitors a myriad of water activities and adventures from scuba diving in Emerald Bay to rafting along the Truckee River and kayaking in D.L. Bliss State Park. Landlubbers can backpack through nearby Yosemite National Park and camp in the El Dorado National Forest. In winter, the surrounding mountains boast famed ski resorts, including Alpine Valley, Squaw Valley and Northstar at Tahoe.
Don’t Hesitate! Book Your Lake Tahoe Bus Charter Today
It easy to book a bus charter with US Coachways, be it a party bus, minibus or a 56-seat coach bus with luxury amenities. Our account specialists are on hand 24/7 to help you plan the perfect bus trip or make your reservation online. For a free quote or to book your trip, contact us today at 1-855-BUS-CHARTER (1-855-287-2427)