Affordable Charter Bus Rental Packages in East Hartford, CT
Comfortable Rides from One Attraction to Another with US Coachways
Located on the east side of Connecticut River, East Hartford sits directly across Hartford with its gorgeous view of the river over Connecticut Boulevard and East River Drive. It is also home to the renowned Goodwin College and well-developed residential and student housing projects. The city has many tourist attractions and some of them are Wickham Park, Riverwalk, Rentschler Field Stadium, XL Arena and a bustling shopping district.
First time visitors should not miss the chance to take a cruise on a charter bus around its nice mix of neighborhoods along each suburban sections of the city, for instance, South Windsor, Burnside Avenue, Silver Lane and Glastonbury. Some of the city’s most notable attractions are Connecticut Science Center, Wadsworth Atheneum, Bushnell Center for Performing Arts, The Mark Twain House and Museum, Ancient Burying Ground and Travelers Tower, one of Connecticut’s iconic landmarks. So, don’t miss the chance to check them out if the opportunity presents itself.
In the meantime, if you are planning a birthday party, group event, corporate function, conference, exhibit, school field trip, summer camp, church outing, promotional tour, road show or other similar events, give US Coachways a call to find out more about our reliable and affordable bus rental services in East Harford, CT.
Things to do and Places to Visit in East Hartford, CT
Here is a short summary of recommended family-friendly attractions and historical points of interest that may be of interest to you. As you will soon see, there are countless fun, exciting, educational and engaging attractions to discover in East Hartford, CT.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — Looking for a fun recreation center to bring young children for a whole day of fun? Try organizing a trip to Connecticut Science Center where there are hundreds of different activities to keep kids engaged which includes numerous educational hands-on activities. But for something more physical, a trip to Launch Trampoline Park would be more apt. The good news is that they cater to school trips, birthday parties and other group events like fundraisers too.
- Art & Cultural — East Hartford has an undeniably thriving art scene. If you are an art lover, don’t miss the chance to bring the charter bus to Wadsworth Atheneum which showcases a diverse collection of beautiful paintings, photographs, sculptures and other artistic creations. Head out to Hartford Stage if you prefer catching a local world class performance in a comfortable, intimate local theater or catch a popular classic performance from the people behind Bushnell Center for Performing Arts. The latter attraction features a gorgeous venue for all types of group events and a classic-design theater and balcony. TheaterWorks, on the other hand, is an open seating theater with a list of credentials that is hard to beat. There are year-long fun festivities and community events going on at the Connecticut Convention Center. The center is spacious, well-maintained and gorgeously-designed; it features conference rooms and event venues too. History lovers who are looking for some inside scoop on the region will find themselves loving the treasure trove of information that is available at Connecticut Historical Society. It includes some fun decorative arts history as well, so, have fun learning up about the region in this charming attraction. Real Art Ways is a little off-the-beaten-path but is THE place for an intimate afternoon with friends who love art too while CRRA Trash Museum is truly one-of-a-kind. It features creative artwork made out of recycled items.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Whether you are looking for the perfect gift, clothing, accessories, daily essentials, bargain buys or unique foodstuff, there are countless retail outlets and chain stores for you to shop in all around East Hartford’s malls and retail outlets. However, Hartford Downtown Farmers’ Market is where there is a world of sights, sounds, smells and tastes from all around the region. You can also head over to Walgreens, Dollar Tree Stores or Burlington Coat Factory to find a world of goods under one roof. Shop for affordable fashion items at Stackpole Moore Tyron Tuesday’s and creative accessories and gifts from Bead World. In between, you can pick up some Italian cuisine from Nolita Ristorante, a classic Vietnamese pho dish at Pho 501, delicious Caribbean delicacies like rice and beans or grilled chicken wings from Carl’s BBQ and Jerk, authentic Korean bibimbap from Goong Korean Restaurant or simply pop by Augie and Ray’s Drive In for the classic burger and fries on-the-go.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – XL Center, located in the heart of East Hartford, is where you can catch a fun game with your friends. This is a classic, historical multi-purpose arena that comes complete with its own convention center owned by the City of Hartford. It sits on the 28th ranking as far as the largest college basketball arena is concerned.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — Connecticut is an extremely historical state and many of the region’s museums and historical landmarks are located a short drive away. Don’t forget to make a stop at The Mark Twain House and Museum where you get to explore about his life, adventures and books or learn about Harriet Beecher Stowe at her beautiful historical house and yard. The Connecticut State Capitol is a beautiful public attraction with free parking and access to a new green roof building; make use of available printed materials and head out for a self-guided tour which typically takes a few hours to complete. Outdoor historical sites could be something refreshing so, check out Ancient Burying Ground which are the final resting places for some of the city’s founders or enjoy a relaxing and calming walk at Cedar Hill Cemetery. Old State House outlines the beginnings for the state of Connecticut and Hartford as a city and if you are still hungry for information, check out Connecticut State Library and State Archives too. The historical Cathedral of St. Joseph is a gorgeous church built in 1962 with stunning stained glass windows to admire. Most visitors would agree that the Butler-McCook Homestead does a very fine job in encapsulating time as it takes visitors down memory lane with its gorgeous grounds and displays. Other significant historical landmarks are Hartford Armory and Museum of Connecticut History.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Elizabeth Park contains miles upon miles of scenic trails as well as manicured gardens and pond as its primary features. Once you are done with the trails, check out its accompanying restaurant and cafe. You should also find out more about events and LIVE performances at Mortensen Riverfront Plaza and enjoy a cooling, scenic walk outside before dinner but for fishing, the best place is at Goodwin Park
- Other Points of Interest — Trinity College offers tours and educational programs all-year-round. The gorgeous Victorian-style campus is spacious, well-maintained and deserves a few hours of your time. This attraction was first introduced by Anglicans and has statues of Presidents located around its grounds. Travelers Tower is definitely something one might want to check out not just because it is one of Hartford’s most treasured landmark but also to catch a bird’s eye view of the city’s bustling and busy landscape. It is, after all, at one point in time, the tallest building in New England.
US Coachways - Reliable, Professional and Affordable Charter Bus Rental Service in East Hartford, CT
Save time, money and effort trying to find a charter bus for your events in East Hartford by using US Coachways reliable, professional and affordable charter bus rental services. Within minutes, we can help you connect with the perfect ride for your event. Find out more by calling 1-855-BUS-CHARTER or complete this contact us form and we will get back to you with a cost estimate in a timely manner.