Feel Comfortable Traveling around in an Affordable Bristol, CT, Charter Bus
Bristol is Home to some of the Best and Most Fun Parks, Recreational Centers and Specialty Museums
Bristol is known as former home to the ESPN office and Lake Compounce, the country’s oldest theme park. But long before that, in the 19th century, at the mere mention of Bristol, it would bring to mind the American Clock and Watch Museum because the city had a huge clock-making industry. And because of that, it earned itself the nickname ‘Bell City’. In recent years, Bristol was ranked 84th by Money Magazine under the category of ‘Best Places to Live in’ and Hartford Magazine called the city among the best under the category of ‘Best Bang for the Buck’.
If you are heading over during the summer, be sure to check out the Mum Festival and Parade and also a completely unique ‘chrysanthemum’ festival which began its run in 1962. The full festival takes course throughout a week of celebration and festivities. Don’t miss the chance to check out some of the most unique specialty museums and attractions in Virginia - New England Carousel Museum, Imagine Nation Children’s Museum, Bristol Historical Society and Witch’s Dungeon Movie Museum. Some fun outdoor attractions in and around the city are Rockwell Park, Barnes Nature Center, Forestville Memorial and many more.
US Coachways is ready to bring you the most affordable charter bus, mini bus, party bus, school bus, airport transfer, limousine and other exotic vehicles for your event in Bristol. We cater to wedding receptions, birthday parties, private functions, business meetings, corporate events, bachelor or bachelorette parties, group tours, promotional events, road shows and many more.
Visiting Bristol, CT - Travel Tips and Ideas for the City’s Top Attractions
Here’s a summary about what you can expect to find in Bristol, CT. These fun museums, historical points of interest and recreational centers will certainly leave a lasting memory with you.
- Entertainment & Amusement Parks — There are, literally, countless entertainment options in Bristol that it is hard to list favorites. However, making a stop at Lake Compounce is a MUST for families visiting with young children. There are kid-friendly rides, thrill rides, pools and games for everyone of all ages to enjoy. Imagine Nation Children’s Museum is a great place for field trips and church outings as there are countless hands-on exhibits to play in, including a bubble area, drums and instruments, water play area, climbing center, art center, dress-up exhibit, puzzles and loads more fun and games that will keep kids engaged for hours on end. As its name suggests, Spare Time Bristol is where you want to go when you have a few spare hours to play a few rounds of bowling or enjoy arcade games with LIVE music playing in the background. Another good option for bowling is Lakewood Lanes which has 42 bowling alleys to choose from. There is a fine selection of food and drinks too. Shooters Billiards and Arcade has more than 20 pool and billiards table, arcade, darts area as well as an onsite cafe if you are looking for a hangout place with your friends. Extreme Paintball in Waterbury have you covered if you are looking for a place for a team-building event. There is 75-acres worth of outdoor space for all different types of paintball games for everyone to engage in.
- Art & Cultural — If you have not had the chance to plan your trip ahead of time, make Bristol Public Library your first stop. You can get your hands on useful tips, ideas, and suggestions for attractions and community activities that you might want to visit or be a part of. There is also a nice, clean children’s area. New Britain Museum of American Art is a haven for art lovers as it features an extensive collection of paintings, photographs and timeless artistic pieces from nationally-renowned artists and painters spanning a long period of time. New Britain Youth Museum is a more intimate version of the former art museum but still as entertaining and thought-provoking.
- Restaurant & Shopping — Bristol’s city center is full of charming, family-run retail outlets and cool stores to shop at but if you are looking for your everyday items, you can get them at Stop and Shop, Savers and Walgreens on Farminton Avenue where there are bargains and promotions for almost everything you may need for your stay in Bristol. Aldi, another discount store is located on Middle Street; and for some reason, there is so much fun shopping at Straight From Maine Seafood because of the sights, colors, flavors and people from all walks of life. If you are going to have a party, consider bringing the party bus for a memorable experience to Barley Wine which also serves as a local gastropub with a good selection of beer, bacon and beef jerky. In the meantime, Chunky Tomato is a local favorite when it comes to fresh out of the oven pizza and sandwiches and whenever visitors are hungry for some Mexican delight, it has to be Monterrey. El Sazon de Mama is where you can find delicious Dominican pork chops and chicken wings while Lee Po Chinese Kitchen on Farmington Avenue is a good bet for egg rolls and lo mein. For authentic Italian dishes like chicken rollatini, try Cafe Buono and Buono Pizza instead.
- Golf Courses & Sports Venues – Hidden Valley in Southinton has a nice 18-hole mini golf course, batting cages, birthday party venue and a patio for barbeque parties if you are looking for a nice place for a gathering or birthday party. While there are countless gyms and fitness centers located all around Bristol, the clean and well-maintained amenities at Farmington Farms Tennis and Athletic is always a big hit when it comes to sports venues - take your pick from aerobics, swimming, tennis and an array of fun fitness classes to attend. It also features a family-friendly mini golf course and famous ice-cream outlet to enjoy after a great putt-putt game with your kids.
- Historical Sites & Landmarks — If you are a fan of unique specialty museums, you are in for a real treat because Bristol is home to a completely unique museum, American Clock and Watch Museum. The stunning collection of clocks from across eras and other regions of the world will take your breath away, even if you are not particularly fond of clocks and classic time pieces. Kids will also get to learn about the innerworkings of a tower clock, alarm clocks and thousands of other similar items. Another unique specialty museum in Bristol is New England Carousel Museum, visiting this fun attraction will take you down memory lane as kids will also get to enjoy a more intimate setting at its adjascent Fire History Museum. There is also much fun to be had at Witch’s Dungeon Classic Movie Museum - it is spooky yet fascinating at the same time. Have a look into the lives of 20th century self-made millionaires when you stop by Barnes Museum where you get an inside view of luxury homes, collections of paintings and antiques, gardens and associated community events. Stanley-Whitman House dates as far back as the 18th century where you are taken into the life and times of the colonial era.
- Parks & Outdoor Activities — Be it hiking, tennis, swimming, soccer, baseball or outdoor fun, there are various not-to-be-missed recreational parks to choose from. There is a lot of space to run around in in Page Park which also comes with an Olympic-size swimming pool to enjoy too while Rockwell Park has a fun skatepark for teens and adults. You can also head over to Crescent Lake for some fishing, kayaking, boating and sailing in a beautiful and natural surrounding. Have a free weekend or putting together a field trip? Why not check out Roger’s Orchard in Southington where the farmers can show you how to make your own cider and donuts after picking your own apples and peaches in the farm. During winter, snowboard or ski your way around Mount Southington Ski Area; there are educational programs and tours too, so, check them out.
- Other Points of Interest — As a part of Lake Compounce’s attraction, we recommend taking the Haunted Graveyard tour around Lake Compounce Amusement Park which features a creepy cemetery, spiders, witches and a zombie forest.
US Coachways ‘ Unbelievably Easy Ways to Book a Charter Bus in Bristol, CT
Looking for an affordable charter bus in Bristol, CT, for your events? You have come to the right place! Speak to our customer service consultants for a personal consultation about our affordable charter bus rental packages, reserve a charter bus completely online with our state-of-the-art online bus reservation system or get a quote via email when you contact us on our website today!